Translate

Monday, December 5, 2011

it's been awhile...

Hi, well it's been awhile since I wrote anything. I can not believe that Christmas is upon us already. A lot has changed for us since I have wrote anything. Jason has a great job that he really seems to like and I am now a stay at home mom. Having Joshua at home is wonderful, Matt is in middle school and it is nice to have him home in the afternoons so that I can make sure he gets homework done. I know that this won't last forever because they will grow up and won't be here for me to spend that time with so I am enjoying it now. Matt is in youth group now and Jason and I both help with the youth ministry at church. I love hanging out with the youth and being able to watch them be so willing to serve others before themselves and that they teach me just as much if not more than what I teach them. We have done prayer walks, food packing for the under nourished in Uganda and other areas and so many other things and things yet to come. I have seen God really show up and it's amazing that he works through our kids as much as he does the adults. I am still learning how to have the faith and knowledge that most of those youth have. My five year old even asks me if I prayed or if I talked to God when he hears me talk about being upset over something. I usually say yes I did, but at times I find that I have been too busy to pray or felt like this is something I can do and just push God out of it. Children truly are amazing and sure can put things in perspective. I sure wish that I could still see things the way children do and things still be so innocent. I know that we grow up and mature in certain ways, but to be able to still have child like faith and things be so simple again would be wonderful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment